Itinerary: Chiang Rai - Pakbeng - Kamu Lodge - Luang Prabang - Plain of Jars - Vang Vieng - Vientiane - Departure
An adventure into this peaceful land reveals the compelling history, scenery and gracious people of Laos. Spend the night in a remote ecolodge as you cruise slowly down the alluring Mekong, stopping at a sacred cave and a local village. Explore the temples of fabled Luang Prabang and join the locals in a game of petanque. Uncover the mysterious Plain of Jars and the monuments of the bustling capital, Vientiane. Let’s come and experience with us!
- Explore the Plain of Jars, a mysterious archaeological site steeped in legend
- Visit remarkable sites in Vientiane: Wat Sisaket, Haw Phra Kaew, That Luang temple
- Embark on a walking tour of Luang Prabang's fascinating sites: Royal Palace and Wat Mai temple
- Absorb Lao culture with an opportunity to meet the locals and try your hand at traditional activities
- Cruise trip
- Entrance fees
- Return transfers
- Small group tourin
- Local English-speaking guides
- 11 nights hotel accommodation
- 1 night basic lodge accommodation
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicles
- Breakfast daily,3 lunches and 3 dinners
- Western tour leader based on a minimum of 7 travelers
What's Not Included
- VAT, Tips, and personal expenses
- Walking touring and motorized trolleys in Luang Prabang
- Others not mentioned in inclusion
Price per person join group tour
On arrival in Chiang Rai, transfer to your hotel and meet your small group of fellow adventurers and tour leader for a welcome drink.
Rise early and cross the border into Laos to board a private wooden barge for your journey down the tranquil Mekong, past pristine landscapes and stunning scenery.
Stay overnight in the old trading outpost of Pakbeng and explore its market, then continue to the comfortable Kamu Lodge, retiring for the night in your atmospheric tent lodgings. Absorb Lao culture, with an opportunity to meet the locals and try your hand at traditional activities such as rice planting and fishing.
Continue by boat along the Mekong, stopping at Pak Ou Caves to see the hundreds of Buddha statues inside, then on to beautiful Luang Prabang.
The next morning, embark on a walking tour of the town's fascinating sites, including the Royal Palace and Wat Mai. Sample a local breakfast of noodle soup, and enjoy a game of petanque before sunset mocktails at a riverside temple.
Rise early to witness the breathtaking ancient ritual of local monks collecting alms at dawn, and learn how to make sticky rice and grilled chicken for a picnic at scenic Kuang Si Falls. Have ample free time for exploring beguiling Luang Prabang's quaint laneways, architecture, and boutiques.
A drive through the remote mountains of Northern Laos brings you to the Plain of Jars, a mysterious archaeological site steeped in legend.
Tour the jar sites, then drive to idyllic Vang Vieng, home to stunning limestone karst scenery. Embark on a gentle kayaking trip and discover a nearby cave, returning as the sun sets over the tranquil Nam Song river.
Continue to the rapidly developing capital, Vientiane. Visit Wat Sisaket and Haw Phra Kaew, and partake in a traditional Baci ceremony in a local home.
Visit the interactive COPE visitor center for a valuable insight into the lasting after-effects of the tragic 'Secret War'. V. Learn about the issue of disability prevalence, with a visit to an inspiring women's support center, before making stops at sparkling That Luang temple, and the grand Patuxai monument. Enjoy a farewell dinner on your final night, then have some free time in the morning before your departure transfer.
- Sala Prabang hotel
- Laluna hotel & resort in center of Chiang Rai
- Phetsokxai hotel and Kamu lodge on the banks of the Mekong River
- Vansana Plain of Jars hotel in Phonsavan, Xieng Khouang province
- Thavonsouk bungalw on the banks of Nam Song River Mandala boutique hotel in central Vientiane